Are you looking for a way to maximize your technology and security investment, and get more from your VMware solutions? VMware offers a Digital Workspace Tech Zone to help users understand, evaluate and deploy VMware End User Computing (EUC) products through practical product guidance. It aims to provide resources at the user’s level — some is extremely technical for digital workspace gurus, and other content is more general for curious readers.
Tech Zone resources are categorized into six basic questions on a scale from beginner to expert. The resources associated with these questions with point you in the right direction, regardless of your technical expertise.
Tech Zone is maintained by engineers specializing in each product set, i.e., Windows 10, iOS, Android, etc. To ensure it addresses users with various learning styles, it offers four formats of content: videos, guides, blogs and toolsets.
Work through Tech Zone using the top navigation menu.
Here’s how VMware walks users through Tech Zone navigation:
- Activity Paths: Expand the Start menu to access the activity paths for VMware Workspace ONE, VMware Horizon 7, VMware Unified Access Gateway, and more. Activity Paths provide a variety of resources that guide you from beginner to expert.
- Workspace ONE: Find out all about all things Workspace ONE, the digital workspace platform that delivers and manages any app on any device.
- Horizon: Find out everything you ever wanted to know about VMware Horizon 7 and VMware Horizon Cloud.
- Tools: Facilitate your efforts with deployment tools, installers, migration and registration tools, backup utilities, and much more.
- Blog: Get the latest announcements, read opinion pieces, and find out what’s new in the EUC product releases. Also check out the opinionated, always fun, brain rumblings of Mr. Brian Madden.
- Log in: Sign in using your VMware Cloud Service Portal ID (also known as myVMware ID, or Partner ID). Although signing in is not required to access provided content, signing in has its benefits. Today, it enables blog commenting, and grants access to RSS feeds. Tomorrow, you’ll get even more.
- Search: Use the VMware Tech Zone search engine to zero in on what you want to know. To begin, enter keywords into the search bar. Then filter results by specific components, levels of understanding, and type of resource.
Logging into Tech Zone with your my.vmware account allows you to pin and share useful documents with colleagues who have the same email domain.
Choosing an Activity Path will allow you to search specifically for what you are looking to master or troubleshoot. Inside each Path are modules allowing you to easily navigate through different types of resources for that product. Each module contains how-to documents, videos and labs.
Reference architectures for every Workspace ONE product are available in the Tech Zone.
The tools section is a collection of useful apps, kits and planning tools that can simplify end-user adoptions, as well as the building of topology reports for Workspace ONE deployment.
At Tech Orchard, we are proponents of continual improvement. We seek out the very best tools to share with you, our customers, and search for ways to help you maximize their value to your organization. If you have any questions about Tech Zone or Workspace ONE, don’t hesitate to contact us.