What is Mobile Device Management (MDM)?
Simply put, Mobile Device Management is a term used to describe the capability to view, control, and report-on all the mobile devices in an organization that are using organizational resources. These are critical capabilities in a business world that is becoming increasingly mobile.
Using a mobile device management platform, TechOrchard helps simplify the process of managing the ever-expanding range of mobile devices that consumers are bringing into the workplace today.
So just what can you do with the mobile device management platform? Here’s just a few key elements of TechOrchard’s mobile device management platform:
Rapidly Provision Mobile Devices
TechOrchard helps streamline the configuration and device enrollment process to make life easy for IT departments and employees bringing personal devices into the workplace.
- Send enrollment requests over the air using SMS, email, or a custom URL
- Authenticate against Active Directory/LDAP, one-time passcode or SAML
- Create and distribute customized acceptable use policies and EULA
- Register corporate and employee-owned (BYOD) devices
- Initiate individual or bulk device enrollmentsApply or modify default device policy settings.
Integrate Mobile Devices with Enterprise Systems
Using software interposers, enterprise system integration is easy and straightforward without the need for on-premise servers or network reconfigurations.
- Instantly discover devices accessing enterprise systems
- Integrate with Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Office 365
- Leverage existing Active Directory/LDAP and certificate authorities
- Manage Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) policies
- Connect with other operational systems through robust web APIs
Centrally Manage Mobile Devices
- Configure email, calendar, contacts, Wi-Fi, and VPN credentials over the air (OTA)
- Approve or quarantine new mobile devices on the network
- Create custom groups for granular management
- Distribute and manage public and corporate applications
- securely share and update documents and content
- Define role-based administrative portal access rights within the mobile device management (MDM) portal
- Decommission devices by removing corporate data and MDM control
Proactively Secure Mobile Devices
Tech Orchard can help you provide dynamic, end-to-end security and compliance management capabilities to continuously monitor devices and take action (Manually or automatically)
- Require password policies with configurable quality, length, and decay
- Enforce encryption and password visibility
- Set device restrictions on features, applications, iCloud, and content ratings
- Detect and quarantine (restrict) jailbroken and rooted devices
- Remotely locate, lock and wipe lost or stolen devices
- Selectively wip corporate data, leaving personal data intact
- Define and implement real-time compliance rules with automated actions
- enable geo-fencing rules to enforce location related compliance
Easily Support Mobile Devices
The platform is capable of delivering the ability to diagnose and resolve device, user or application issues in real-time from a web-based portal; offering complete IT visibility and control, an ensuring optimum mobile user productivity
- Access device views to diagnose and resolve issues
- Locate lost or stolen devices
- Reset forgotten passcodes
- Send messages to devices
- Update configuration settings in real-time
- Help users help themselves with a self-service portal
Monitor and Report on Mobile Devices
Mobility Intelligence™ (MI) dashboards deliver an interactive, graphical summary of your mobile device operations and compliance allowing IT to report in real-time across the entire enterprise.
- Detailed hardware and software inventory reports
- Configuration and vulnerability details
- Integrated smart search capabilities across any attribute
- Customizable watch lists to track and receive alerts
- Mobile Expense Management for real-time data usage monitoring and alerting
- BYOD privacy settings block visibility of personally identifiable information (PII) on devices