Long before computers and digital-based data sharing, information security was a critical priority for mankind. These days, though the means by which we access information continue to constantly evolve, this priority still remains at the top of the list for individuals and companies alike. The threats we face are also changing, and therefore we must be cognizant of how to combine the right hardware, software and human action that is needed to protect our businesses without hampering employee productivity.
By Phil Poje | CEO, TechOrchard
The financial services and insurance industry faces a number of unique challenges when it comes to mobility. Because the protection of customer and company information is of utmost importance, it’s imperative steps be taken to leverage mobile devices for increased flexibility and efficiency while protecting critical data and maintaining compliance with industry regulations.
The Ponemon Institute and MobileIron recently published new research on the changing mobile landscape as seen through the eyes of IT and security professionals with companies in banking, insurance, brokerage and investment management. Here is a snapshot of the highlights:
- 69% of respondents believe smartphones and tablets will replace most laptops and desktops.
- 50% expect the majority of their employees to be using mobile apps in the next 12 months.
- 50% do NOT have a mobile strategy even though they are deploying mobile technologies.
- 49% will have zero Blackberry devices 12 months from now.
- 74% say agility and preparedness for change are the most important factors for maintaining an effective mobile strategy over time.
Do these stats fit with the direction your company is headed? Are you prepared for the evolution of technology and the security concerns that come with it? If you have questions about mobile strategy, enterprise mobility management, or wireless expenses management, call TechOrchard for help. We look forward to identifying specific strategies that can help you achieve your business goals and save money doing so.